Problématique : "Would you be ready to go and live on faraway countries if it meant getting a better life ?"

Nowadays, a growing number of people leave their native country to settle down abroad.

Some even do not hesitate to go and live at the far end of the world, in Australia, New Zealand or South Africa for instance.

How can we account for such a move?

What are the main advantages of moving to a faraway country?

Is it always easy to adjust to new land?

Many various reasons can explain why so many people feel the urge to start out in a new life far from their native country. Indeed this is a golden opportunity to start all over again, sometimes from scratch and to set oneself a challenge.

As far as I am concerned, if I was offered the opportunity to go and work abroad, I would be quite happy to try my luck. I do not know whether it would improve my life or my standard of living and I must confess this is definitely not my main concern.

Actually, what appeals to me more than anything else, is the opportunity to discover new horizons as that must be both thrilling and exciting. Indeed, living in a faraway country, no matter which, is bound to broaden the mind as it implies having to meet new people, getting to know their culture and way of life.

Besides, it can also be a way of getting a work experience off the beaten track as well getting to learn a new language or practising my English if it is an English-speaking country.

However, I am fully aware that there is a wide gap between travelling abroad on a holiday and setting down for good!

Indeed it may not be so easy to adjust to this new country and even if I am ready for a change, I may still feel homestick at first. Unless you move with all your relatives, you are most likely to miss them, not to mention your friends.

Futhermore it must be quite disconcerting at first, not knowing what to do or how to behave when you feel uprooted; What is more it may also be difficult to get used to a new climate, however sunny it is. I remember going to Florida a few years ago, right in the middle of winter and thought I loved the sunshine, it was so scorching that I could hardly move!

Nevertheless, I am sure these obstacles can eventually be overcome though it may take sometime to fully adapt to such a new environment.

All things considered, even if it implies facing a few hardships, I am quite willing to make the move and start out in a new life abroad. In fact, I am conviced it would not noly make me more open-minded and tolerant but also be tha chance of a life-time!

As the saying goes, "Fortune favours the brave" so ti must definitely be something not miss out on...

Pour tout comprendre, rendez-vous en cours d'anglais en ligne.

Vous avez aimé cet article ? Notez-le !

Aucune information ? Sérieusement ?Ok, nous tacherons de faire mieux pour le prochainLa moyenne, ouf ! Pas mieux ?Merci. Posez vos questions dans les commentaires.Un plaisir de vous aider ! :) 4,00 (2 note(s))

Agathe

Professeur de langues dans le secondaire, je partage avec vous mes cours de linguistique !